It’s time for me to say thank you and goodbye to the wonderful world of Freshnet! But tomorrow I’m moving out, my new blog can be found here.
I am so excited to the final countdown, yes, vacation is coming up at the end of this week. I will most likely enjoy sun, swimming, sleeping and some good food. The original plan was to only spend the holiday in our summer house on the Swedish west coast, but looking in the agenda, the plan obviously changed. Instead there is a lot of traveling (France, Switzerland and Italy) , some work here and there and only two weeks in my white dream house…what happened!? I remember my childhood summers when I spent the whole vacation in the summer house. THAT was a real holiday. But hey, I am not complaining, I am so happy to have a few weeks with my little family.
But now off to a very exciting meeting with this amazing friend, whom I will have the pleaure of working with this summer.
I am crazy about beauty products, especially make-up. When I was touring a few years back I loved to experiment with different looks and express myself on stage with make-up. These days, with a hectic daily schedule and a young child, there is not a lot of time in the mornings anymore but my daily quick-fix for a good base are the following products.
– Cellularose Brightening CC-Lumi Serum, By Terry. I apply the serum on top of my moisturiser before adding foundation. When I don’t want to wear too much make-up base I only go for this serum and some powder on top.
– Terrybly Densiliss , By Terry. Extraordinary foundation that both provide a picture perfect cover and still manage to look natural.
– Correcteur Perfection by CHANEL, my daily saviour that helps me cover the unwelcomed dark cirles underneath my eyes.
– Nothing feels better than a dash of bronzer, Les Beiges by CHANEL does the trick.
– Oval 6 Brush by Mac is the only foundation brush you will ever need. It smoothens out the foundation and makes it so much easier to apply it. It could also be used to apply blush or powder.
If you go prints, go full out, that is at least how I like it! I love my comfy set of pants and silk coat from Baum und Pferdgarten, here worn with a top by Stella McCartney and sunglasses by Prada.
My must have accessories; the Just un Clou bracelet by Cartier and…
…my wing ring and matching necklace by Garrard. Not to forget my white gelpolish nails (in my opinion the most important accessories) by Frida Selkirk.
The comfy “pyjama” outfit is completed by espradillos by Céline. Happy Monday folks!
I had the honor and pleasure of hosting the Bernadotte Art Awards gala on Monday night. It was a fantastic event, celebrating the arts and new talents, and a reminder of what an extraordinary woman Marianne Bernadotte is (she is turning 90 this summer!).
The recipients of this year’s awards were:
– Design: Leonard Kocic
– Modern Performing Arts: Methinée Wongtrakoon
– Theater: Shima Niavarani
– Music: Rimma Gotskosik
– Art: Tilda Lovell
The ceremony went without a glitch, I managed to remember the titles of the different royal and imperial highnesses (some 50 of them). It was a rare occasion (in Stockholm) to see a crowd in glamorous black tie attire. I chose a floating evening gown in powder pink chiffon by Alexander McQueen, Jimmy Choo sandals, and jewellery by Georg Jensen.
The gala was organized by the amazing team from Grand Relations, Hans Hjelmqvist and Tove Regnander.
Say hello to my new ballerinas by Roger Vivier. I have always dreamt of owning a pair of these classic shoes with the signature buckle. Roger Vivier started his career working for Elsa Schiaparelli in the 1930s. He then went on working for Dior during the period of the New Look when shoes came into focus. He is without doubt one of the most innovative shoe designers of the 20th century, and his beautiful shoes have been worn by some of the world’s most iconic women from Ava Gardner and Brigitte Bardot to Queen Elizabeth II. Today the creative director is Bruno Frisoni.
His shoes seen on the famous Vogue cover from 1965 with the model dressed in the “Mondrian” day dress by Yves Saint Laurent.
Here are some of my must-have beauty products for the moment. A few of which won the ELLE Beauty Awards 2014, where I was a member of the jury. Check out all the winners here.
– For a quick-fix, I daily add a few drops of Sachajuan Intensive Hair Oil.
– My new perfume addiction is Aqua Magnolia by Fueguia 1833, perfect for both day and evening.
– I have a very sensitive skin, I need lots of moisture and also a cream with anti-aging formula. Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream by La Prairie is very expensive but with the years I have come to understand that quality has a prize.
– I never tan and wouldn’t dream of leaving the house a sunny day without sunprotection. UV Essential SPF 50+ by Chanel does the job.
– I’m on a constant look out for the perfect eye cream. My current obsession, (big plus for the smart packaging) is Optim-Eyes by Filorga.
Last night I hit the town with my husband and met up with some friends at the newly openend Japanese restaurant Shibumi. I had the best dinner in a very long time trying out many of the delicious courses on the menue. But not only the food is great, so is the concept, the atmosphere and the vibe. Shibumi is just what Stockholm needed. I can’t wait to go back!
Dressed in jacket by Balenciaga, shirt by Hunkydory, pants by Alexander Wang, pumps by Christian Louboutin and vintage bag by Louis Vuitton.